The Engineering team at Vizual.AI is dedicated to applying emerging technologies in AI and data analytics to solve high impact problems in computer vision and digital media. Our leadership team has decades of combined experience leading, acquiring and selling successful Ad Tech and Analytics companies in public and private markets. We are seeking full-stack developers who will wear many hats. Senior Engineers who can supplement the experience of the team will have the opportunity to design and lead the development of challenging and interesting products. Junior engineers will have the opportunity to collaborate with experienced engineers with a variety of specializations. If you want a challenging job that allows you to be creative, strategic and entrepreneurial while having fun working with a team of high performing individuals then we want to talk with you.
We want to help develop well-rounded business leaders – some of whom will use these skills within a technical domain, and others of whom will become company founders and general managers. Engineers will learn the capital funding process, project management and B2B marketing strategy as they work closely with customers and business executives.
Beyond competitive cash compensation, we believe in equity participation as we're looking for dedicated folks willing to put in the effort to build a winning product and team.
Key Challenges Will Include
• Coding complex algorithms for fast, reliable execution.
• Collaborating with data scientists to model and create value out of large, heterogeneous data sets.
• Evaluating and instilling best practices into the development process, including automated testing, code organization and style and application architecture within an agile development environment.
• Evaluating potential new technologies.
• Designing and implementing distributed architectures to ensure scalability, operational redundancy and security.
The Successful Candidate
A successful candidate will have a strong academic background, or at least several years of professional development experience and be comfortable in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment. He or she will likely have many of the following characteristics:
• Server, network and hosting environment expertise.
• Strong understanding of the file system, cloud storage, network resources and an understanding of scalability, data redundancy and availability.
• Data modeling expertise using various relational and NoSQL databases as appropriate.
• Understanding the economic value the application provides and relating this to trade-offs in designing the logic layer.
• Writing clear, consistent, easy to use interfaces.
• Teaming with designers, data scientist and business leads in an iterative process.
• You are FUN to work with. If you know how to work hard, play hard and have fun doing both we want to talk to you
• Strong CS degree from leading program.